Marina Storti, Chief Executive Officer, WTA Commercial Company
- WTA and private equity firm, CVC, entered into a Partnership agreement to manage the WTA’s commercial rights via WTA CommercialCo. The result being that the WTA and CVC needed a high calibre commercial CEO to accelerate commercial growth across the venture
This role required someone to:
- Enhance the existing commercial programme
- Improve the product, technology and content proposition
- Drive tangible innovation and creativity
- Unlock new revenue streams
- Increase fan engagement
- Drive greater stakeholder collaboration and aggregation of rights and assets
- Build a world-class team
Marina Storti, Managing Director of NOW (part of Sky) has been selected to lead the new commercial venture for the WTA. Marina brings 20+ years of extensive strategic and commercial experience across media with expertise in sports rights valuation, D2C, digital, and scaling consumer businesses.
Her commercial instincts, understanding of the landscape and leadership will have a substantial impact upon the future of women’s tennis.