Pixomondo, Studio build
Virtual production firm Pixomondo scale leadership team in UK, US and Canada
Ty Warren, Non-Executive Director
Bryan Godwin, Head of Studio, Los Angeles
Carl Walters, Head of Studio, Canada
Alex Webster, Head of Studio, London
- Pixomondo are a Global VFX and Virtual Production company that work across Film, TV and Games. They build and operate LED volumes in locations around the world that run on Epic Games platform technology, Unreal Engine. Revenues in 2019 were $60m globally, but operations had been temporarily impacted during 2020 by COVID-19, which shut down TV and film production activity in most parts of the world for approximately 9 months.
- During this time, the management team took the opportunity to effect a complete restructure and cost base reassessment.
- SRI were given the mandate to conduct a review of the leadership across the business. What transpired was that there was a lack of leadership across certain studios, and that the CEO was spending too much of his time, hands on operationally with staff across the business at a time when they were focusing on growth and fundraising.
- Hire an experienced Non-Executive Director to help restructure the business, with the aim to make it run more efficiently and effectively and help with fundraising
- To free up time from the CEO, by bringing in MD’s / Studio Heads in LA (1st) and Canada (2nd)
- Setting up a new entity in the UK, with its own MD / Studio Head hiring to eventually become a leading European studio in the group
- Made four marquee hires over an 18-month period;
- Placed Ty Warren, Netflix’s Global Head of Physical Production as a NED.
- Placed Bryan Godwin, ex-MD at Shade FX as Head of Studio, USA (LA)
- Placed Carl Walters, ex ILM and Method FX Studio Head as Head of Studio (CANADA)
- Placed Alex Webster, ex MD at Framestore VFX as Head of Studio in London (UK)